“This world is so confusing but you’re gonna be just fine.” -George Watsky
1 You’re 16. You do not always know best and you’re not always right. Yes, really.
2. Double denim is never a good look. I know your denim jacket is from Topshop… but it will weld itself to your skin if you don’t give it a break.
3. Be nicer to your mum. I know she moans about the state of your room a lot, but just wait until you have a whole house to clean – then you can moan! The same goes for when she gives you the “You use this house like a hotel” speech – listen to her. She’s right.
4. Despite what your mum tells you, your boobs aren’t going to get any bigger. Invest in a good padded bra. Your bum, on the other hand, is going to get huge so maybe start on the squats now.
5. It’s alright not to know what you want to do with your life – don’t stress about it.
6. Overly blonde highlights and black eyebrows are something you NEVER want to repeat. So don’t. On the same note – stop using a razor on your eyebrows. They’ll never grow in properly ever again.
7. Be there for Shaz. She’s the one person who has been there for you forever. Plus, she’s the one who’s going to look after you on the first night you get stupidly drunk…And throw up all over her house. Bad Fiona.
8. When you start Uni, try to steer clear of the Union…it’s all a downhill spiral from there!
9. Might be a good idea to steer clear of Ashleigh’s parties too – don’t ask why. Just don’t go.
10. Drink more water! And maybe start moisturising properly. Your skin looks like crap.
11. Learn how to deal with money and start saving up – trust me, you’ll need it!
12. Start your driving lessons and DONT GIVE UP HALF WAY THROUGH! I don’t care if you lose your glasses – buy new ones!
13. Maybe start going to the gym – turns out 11 stone isn’t all that healthy! Who knew?!
14. See when you’re 18 – go travelling! You’ll thank me in the long run.
15. Be happy. You don’t know how good you’ve got it.
16. See that boy you’ve just met? The one that got you the really crappy birthday card? Be nice to him. You’re going to marry him. You lucky thing 😉
What would you tell your 16-year-old self?
The Southside Girl x