As always, I’m ever so slightly late to the party with this one! I had the best of intentions to blog over Christmas and New Year but, to be honest, I had so much going on that I completely forgot!
So, Happy New Year one and all! For me, 2013 was definitely a mixed bag. It started off in the worst way possible for us, with the 2nd of January spent in the A&E of the local hospital with what felt like my whole world falling down around me. But from then on in, I felt like I finally found an inner strength to sort my life out and get back on the right track.
On April 25th 2013, I joined Slimming World. By far, this was the best decision I have made in a long time! Here I am now, 3 stone lighter and with a new found confidence that I don’t think I have ever had!
With this confidence, has come a fair few other positive changes in my life. I started this blog for one, and it reminded me how much I love writing. It has brought me so many fantastic opportunities and I can’t thank you all enough for continuing to read it! I’ve let it fall by the wayside over the past few months but I am hoping in 2014 I will be able to get back on track and build this blog into something I can be proud of and that you can all continue to enjoy reading!
I have also (finally) returned to work and am absolutely loving it so far. It is not an amazingly paid job. It doesn’t have incredible prospects. But I look forward to going in every day and it doesn’t feel like a chore. Well, not yet anyway! As much as I loved being at home with the boys, It is great to be back in an environment where I feel like I play an important professional part and have REAL LIFE ADULT CONVERSATIONS! It’s the small things.
I have also decided to return to study part time. I’m currently studying for my TEFL (teaching English as a foreign language) certificate with the hopes of at some point in the future going back to University and doing my teacher training. Until then, I am hoping to help out with a local charity who works with the children of European Immigrants, with the majority being Romanian, and helping them learn English and settle in to their new surroundings. Fingers crossed for that plan anyway!
What do I want in 2014? To have a happy year. To spend it watching my two boys grow and become even more mental. To have a “date night” with the hubby at least once a month. To laugh with my family as much as possible. To meet up with my friends more often. To get over my anxiety and live each day without constantly worrying about something silly (I’m a terrible worrier! I’ve constantly got that sick, anxious feeling in my stomach!)
Resolutions? Well, I’ve never been very good at sticking to these things. Or to anything, actually. But I do have a few:
- To continue with my Slimming World journey and lose another 2.5 stone to get to target.
- To complete my TEFL course and get my certificate.
- To restart my driving lessons – that’s been a long 10 years coming!
- To take part in my first ever 5k or 10k – even if I have to walk it!
- To enjoy every minute of our first ever family holiday abroad in April!
- To blog more often. At least twice a week. And write what I want to write. Not what I feel I HAVE to. Back to basics blogging.
- On that note – to keep on top of my social media! I’ll pop all my links at the end of this post.
- To get my YouTube set up and keep it going – any requests for videos or vlogs please feel free to comment below or email me! I will be uploading at least once a week (a Tuesday or Wednesday) with a Slimming World update.
- To get my finances in order and start saving so we have some money behind us.
Overall, I just want to enjoy this year. I have so much to look forward to whether it be birthdays, holidays and one of my closest friends is getting married! It’s so exciting! It has all the makings of a great year! We’ve just got to smile and enjoy.
I hope your 2014 is filled with love, good health and happiness! I would love to know your plans for this year! What are your resolutions?
My social media:
Twitter : Follow me @Southsidegirl26
Facebook: Like The Southside Girl page
Instagram: Follow FIONA_SOUTHSIDEGIRL
The Southside Girl x